September 20, 2014

Burgess Falls


Every year, my family drives to Burgess Falls to have a picnic with all my extended family that lives in state. It has become a fall tradition, and this year was our fifth year to do it. It's a beautiful state park only 20 minutes from the strip mall town of Cookville. The hike down is relatively easy, even though the sign says "Strenuous Hike," and it runs along the Falling Water River. There are three sets of falls, but it's the last one that makes the hike worth the effort. You can hike all the way down to the last falls and swim and explore (if you hike far enough down river you can find the ruins of the old hydroelectric plant, and those are quite fun to explore).

This year, I decided to practice some with my still-new-to-me DSLR camera. This was my first year taking pictures on something other than my iPhone, and I love how much better my DSLR took pictures of people. It captured the light perfectly. I think I'm finally getting the hang of manual mode!

I hope you enjoy the few pictures I'm sharing today! I really had lovely models :)






Top to bottom:
Large Falls
Honor
Emmy
Honor

Last two photographs taken by Emmy.

Love,
Lizzie

Do you have any family traditions you love to capture in photographs? What's your favorite place to hike? Think Lizzie is learning to shoot manually pretty well? :P Leave us a comment!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to comment, we would love to hear anything you have to say :)